Smoking causes a greater risk factor in damaging the lungs, causing a rise in blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and premature death. It causes a high risk of heart failure especially for those who suffer from diabetes. Smokers are 30-40 % more likely to develop diabetes than non-smokers.
Smoking increases inflammation, oxidative stress and damages cells and tissues which are directly linked to increasing the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Quitting Smoking Dramatically Reduces Diabetes-Related Heart Disease Risk helps in reducing the risk of diabetic problems which affect the kidney and heart. One can experience improvements in health such as increased blood circulation, elimination of nerve damage as well as healthier lungs and cardiovascular health.
Naturopathy and Home Remedies to quit smoking:
- A combination of acupuncture, nutritional counseling and botanical medicines can prevent smoking habits drastically.
- Consumption of herbs such as Avena Sativa and lobelia helps to suppress smoking habits as well as ease withdrawal symptoms.
- Improving anti-oxidant status helps to improve circulation and oxygenate the blood in the body.
- Implementing whole foods diet with no sugar which is nutrition dense is very essential for curing and controlling diabetes.
- Herbal remedies such as Avena Sativa, Passiflora incarnate, Eleutherococcus senticosus and Lobelia inflate support the human body while quitting smoking and reduces the symptoms of nicotine cravings and anxiety.
- Homeopathic remedy Tabacum, Vomica, and Lobelia are very effective in quitting cigarette smoking.
- Regular acupuncture treatments are extremely effective in reducing the urge of a person’s smoking habits which helps the body to relax and balance the nervous system.
- Auricular acupuncture has proven to be very effective in the treatment and control of smoking and drug use.
- Drinking plenty of water regularly acts as a detoxifier and helps in reducing addiction.
- Consumption of herbs such as Passionflower, Sacred Basil, Magnolia, Siberian Ginseng, St.Johns Wort and Withania is proven to be beneficial in reducing nicotine cravings.
- Cutting down on alcohol and coffee helps to quit smoking in different ways.
- Increasing one’s magnesium levels helps in quitting cigarette smoking drastically.
- Intake of Vitamin A, C and E are excellent in repairing the body and eliminating toxins by re-energizing the system.
- Adding one tablespoon of Ginseng powder to soup, oatmeal, juice, and cereals help combat the cravings associated with consuming or smoking tobacco.