All you need to know about fasting!
In our previous article we spoke about the first phase of fasting for Navratri, the Pre-Fasting phase. Hope you guys have already started to implement the routine suggested.
In this article, we will now discuss more in depth about the actual fasting dietary suggestions; The Do’s & Don’ts , benefits of fasting and rules that needs to be followed along with a diet chart coined in interest of both North & South Indian readers, can one ask for more?
Before we start going into introspects of dieting, we should know the significance of Navratri fasting, the nine days and its impact on our body, health & wellbeing.
Day 1: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Saahilputri who is an abode of green light. She illuminates the heart chakra of our body. The heart chakra is the power house of Heart, Chest, Lungs, Shoulders & Arms. Hence fasting & meditating on day 1 helps individuals control their temper, ease trauma & enhance the functioning of the defined organs.
Day 2: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Bramhachaarini who is an abode of blue light. She illuminates the love & loyalty chakra of our body. This chakra is the power house of Throat & Neck. Hence fasting & meditating on day 2 helps individuals to treat neck and throat problems like Tonsils, Thyroid etc.
Day 3: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Chandrakanta/Chandraghantha who is an abode of red light. She illuminates the root chakra, the power house of prosperity & progress mapping to kidneys, bladder, pelvis, hips & legs. Hence fasting & meditating on day 3 helps individuals to treat neck and throat problems like excretion and hormonal balance directing towards a prosperous progressive health.
Day 4: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Kusumanda who is a manifestation of the orange light and sacral chakra that maps to Uterus & Testes. Hence fasting & meditating on day 4 helps individuals to treat issues pertinent to reproduction.
Day 5: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Kusumanda who is a manifestation of the indigo light and Adhya chakra of strength & wealth that maps to Pituitary glands. Hence helps individuals in boosting the hormonal balance in the body.
Day 6: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Kathyayini who is a manifestation of yellow light and manipur chakra of self-confidence that maps to the pancreas, liver & Intestine and help maintain good healing across these organs.
Day 7: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Kalrathri who is a manifestation of the violet light and Shish chakra mapping to brain & the nervous system. Hence helps individuals develop good memory and stabilize any stress related to brain & nervous system
Day 8: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Mahagowri who is a manifestation of the white light and helps us enhance purity & virtue & cleansing us overall
Day 9: This day we offer our prayers to Goddess Siddidatri who is a manifestation of the golden light and helps us to gain benefits in cumulative energy
The Do’s while fasting!!
- Happiness comes from within primarily & also look good to feel good, hence rule one is that despite of the fact that you are fasting, you need not look like you are fasting. Get all dressy & rosy
- Drink plenty of fluids, that said not only water, take sufficient intake of fruit juices, lime water, tender coconut water & butter milk
- If you have high blood sugar, suggest that you do have food that supports fasting in small portions periodically
- The best unexploited food like 24 mantra flax seeds & alternatives can be found on our website can be found online/stores that can serve as an effective supplement while fasting
- Carbohydrate rich food like Potatoes & Sabudana in combination with leafy & green veggies like cabbage, spinach & capsicum boiled together is a high nutrition easily digestible supplement while fasting
- Jaggery should be used as an alternative to sugar & skimmed milk instead of a whole milk
The Diet chart by region, isn’t it interesting?
Fasting platter options for our North Indian readers,
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Farali Batata vada
- Mandvi Paak
- Potato Roti
- Singhoda ni Kheer
- Suran Bataka ni khichadi
- Moriyaani Khichadi
- Dudhi no halvo
- Potato Wafers
Fasting platter options for our South Indian readers,
- Medu Vada
- Idli & Neer dosa
- Rice Payasam
- Drumstick(Nuggekai) Rasam
- Carrot Payasam
- Lemon Rice (Chitra anna)
- Shawge Payesa
- Kadle Hittina Ladoo
- Udupi Sambar
Happy fasting and healthy fasting to all of you!
Do check our products to place your orders for fasting with health benefits![WooZoneProducts asin="amz-B07CZPKRM5,amz-B00WMNYFQ8,amz-B00O8WTZL6,amz-B07D2L8Z1B"][/WooZoneProducts]