Acidity is a common condition where excess acid is secreted by the stomach’s gastric glands. The food that we eat is broken down by the acid that is produced in the stomach where is some cases produces excess acid which causes Acidity or Acid Reflux. Some of the symptoms of acidity include Gas formation, stomach pain, Heartburn,, and irritation. Acid reflux occurs when food is consumed very fast without chewing properly, constipation, smoking, drinking alcohol excessively, pregnancy, drinking carbonated drinks, eating junk and unhealthy food which includes spicy food. Lack of sleep is another common cause of acidity as the body functions slowly than usual especially the digestive system.
One most common and easy Yoga posture for people suffering from acid reflux is:
Ardha Matsyendrasana:(Half spinal position) :
Ardha Matsyendrasana is also commonly called as Vakrasana, Half Spinal Twist Pose & Half Lord of the Fishes Pose. It is one of the excellent and best yoga postures which helps in improving digestion and blood circulation, reducing acidity and getting rid of toxins by detoxifying the body.
How it is performed:
• Sit straight and extend both legs in the front.
• Keep your hands on the sides.
• Keep your spine straight and sit in a proper posture.
• Bring your left foot close to the pelvic region by folding your left knee.
• Lift your right foot on top of your left knee by bending your right knee.
• Move your left arm towards your right knee while twisting your upper body.
• Right arm can be placed behind the back or at the sides.
• Hold this position for a minute and then return back to the original position.
• Repeat the same for the other side.
Homeopathy for Acid Reflux (or) Acidity:
1. Carbo Veg
2. Nux Vomica
3. Arsenicum Album
4. Natrum Carb
Home Remedies for Acidity:
1. Butter Milk
4. Cold Milk
7. Raw Almonds
8. Cumin Seeds
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
10. Coconut Water
11. Pineapple Juice
12. Mint Leaves
13. Basic Leaves
14. Fennel Seeds