The digitalization in health care is a rapidly growing in recent times. These days, several numbers of options have started to be put in place to bring advancement in healthcare and deliver the best treatment to patients in the best possible way. Like we can see the revolution in taking appointment from doctors. How easy it has now become for critical practice’s patients to get appointments from doctors online, to monitoring their test reports that too online in the individual patient’s portal or to get it synced and share their daily health reports with you.
With the help of Artificial Intelligence, health experts are able to monitor a patient’s health and even recognize the symptoms of decline. Definitely, digitalization has revolutionized every sphere of our daily life, but in healthcare, technology is supporting us in living longer, safer and healthier lives.
Digitalization has completely changed the individual’s perception of health care. It has brought the change in the way of end-user’s approach and interaction with the experts in the subject of health and medical services. Adoption of technology in the healthcare perspective has transformed thoroughly the bonding between a patient and health care expert. Further, empowering people to take part in personal and family health management activities. The key to successfully adopting digitalization in healthcare is to gain justified visions and adding new services to achieve patient’s attention. Let’s see the current state of digitalization in healthcare:
- Monitoring device – In this, patients are required to wear devices to track vitals, activities and many other factors which doctors concerns about. Without no such system in proper place to continuously track these variables, the monitoring system becomes inefficient and useless.
- Communication with patients - Communication with patients is quite easy and effective. Augmented reality and patient portal mobility contribute to genuine conversations with physicians and realistic engagement with products, medications and devices.
- Maintenance record of cycles - The most troublesome in medical field which affects efficiency and time is non-operating devices and equipment. By implementing a system that monitors device performance, maintenance issues can be predicted and avoided ahead of time. These devices are also required to predict routine maintenance checks. During the time of essential maintenance, the person concerned is informed so as not to book any further engagements.
Impact of Digitalization
Health care providers, like hospitals and healthcare clinics buy goods from manufacturers or distributors and use further to provide proper services to patients, while also ensuring they will meet the quality standards of regulators. To have a quality in healthcare supply, health care providers manage the goals of each of these stakeholders to deliver optimal customer value at minimum costs.
Digitalization has made a remarkable effect on every stage of supply chain. The most effective impact has come in great and remarkable ability to communicate transparent, real time data between each stage and stakeholder. This is seen as powerful in the medical industry as it allows for ongoing monitoring and reporting of patient centric data. It further enables the health care providers to diagnose and respond to patients’ needs more effectively. Health care providers across the world believe that digitalization can help improve the healthcare supply chain and in turn lower costs, increase revenue, and improve quality of care. One provider has noticed this important impact and is working to implement sophisticated data sharing systems to ensure data is optimized at every step in their supply chain.
The impact of some trendy healthcare could save lives for several more years to come:
- Artificial Intelligence - Remember those gone days when we were supposed to wait for a week for the test’s results. This is where Artificial Intelligence is working for providing a better customer experience. With Artificial Intelligence, body scans and other services are being dramatically improved. Using Artificial Intelligence and deep learning, body scans have been shown to analyze CAT scans up to 150 times faster than human radiologists, detecting acute neurological events in just 1.2 seconds. Artificial Intelligence can also help with things like determining the most effective pharmaceutical compositions. Artificial Intelligence can do all the things it does in other industries i.e. reduce costs, prevent identity theft, improve processes, etc.
- Blockchain - Willing to change doctors or visit a specialist was very frustrating as it is to transfer all the details of the patient. But here, blockchain has the potential to automatically provide the doctors and specialists with a complete medical record of a patient so one can get the care you need. It could also help solve some important data protection and security issues, helping hospitals and insurance companies save money and stress.
- Digital Twin - Digital twins are the bridge between the digital and physical world. Digital Twin provides a safe environment where providers and manufacturers can test the impact of potential change on the performance of a healthcare procedure. This method can be a machine or a process, or even a living body. With the advent of machine learning and Artificial Intelligence, digital twins are growing more capable and sophisticated providing greater insights and improving healthcare procedures.